How to short Bitcoin on Binance Margin Trading
Firstly, you could short Bitcoin and altcoins
on the Binance Margin Trading platform:
- Open a margin account, if you haven’t already.
- Go to the Binance Margin Trading platform.
- Go to your preferred market pair, such as BTC/USDT or BTC/BUSD.
- Follow the instructions in our margin trading guide or in this video.
How to short Bitcoin on Binance Futures
You could also short Bitcoin and altcoins
on Binance Futures:
- Go to Binance Futures.
- Select between perpetual or quarterly futures contracts.
- Make sure you understand how the platform works by reading our Binance Futures guide.
- Follow the instructions in this video.
How to short Bitcoin on Binance Options
Thirdly, you could also try the Binance Options platform that’s available for iOS and Android. Options contracts
can also be an excellent way to enter a short position. If you expect the price of Bitcoin to go down, you could buy put options. These give you the right, but not the obligation, to sell Bitcoin at a certain price. Here’s how to do it:
- Download the Binance mobile app. The options platform is available for both iOS and Android.
- If you haven’t already, activate your Binance Futures account. This is needed to access the options platform on Binance.
- Follow the instructions on this page.
It’s worth noting that this is one of the most difficult and high-risk ways to short Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Be sure to read our options guide for iOS and Android
to know all the required details before you start.